- In October 2015, Asgard Partners advised The Exeter on the acquisition of Engage Mutual Cash Plan Limited which included more than 28,000 cash plan policyholders in individual and corporate schemes
- The acquisition enables The Exeter to develop a new health cash plan business alongside its other core activities in the healthcare and protection markets, increasing both the scale and breadth of the organisation
- The Exeter will look to distribute new corporate and individual cash plan policies and will develop new products
- Having rebranded from Exeter Friendly Society, this acquisition forms part of The Exeter’s ongoing programme of development as a provider dedicated to constant improvement offering enhanced products and clearer and simpler product literature
- Our role included identifying the acquisition opportunity and advising and assisting on the execution of the transaction
"The Exeter has retained Asgard Partners over a number of years to help find merger and acquisition partners in the mutual insurance sector. Their knowledge and contacts in this sector were the main reasons behind our initial relationship. This relationship has grown and strengthened over the years resulting in our recent purchase of Engage Mutual Cash Plan Ltd. Needless to say, our relationship continues."
Andy Chapman, Chief Executive Officer, The Exeter