- In March 2015, Asgard advised Walker Crips, the stockbroker and investment and wealth manager, regarding the purchase of Barker Poland Asset Management LLP ("BPAM")
- BPAM has origins dating back to 1977 and provides financial planning and investment management services to more than 500 clients. Total AuM at the end of February 2015 were £229 million, of which £192 million were managed on a discretionary basis. BPAM's revenue was almost entirely recurring in nature
- The acquisition increased Walker Crips' AuM by 12.6% to £2.0 billion and increased its proportion of discretionary AuM
- The deal was expected to be earnings-enhancing in the first year due to significant opportunities for cost savings, particularly from use of Walker Crips' in-house platform and systems
- Our role included finding the target and advising on the structure and terms of the purchase
"Asgard has been engaged over the past couple of years to help us find and execute a suitable acquisition. Their expertise, coupled with an impressive network of contacts in the financial services sector, enabled us to consider several potential transactions and other options before securing the right deal for us. I would have no hesitation in using them again."
Rodney FitzGerald, Chief Executive, Walker Crips
Please click here for the press release